January 20, 2008

these pins are made for drawing

On Friday I went shopping for new supplies for work with my co-workers. One of the items on the shopping list was 'drawing pins'.

I wondered about that one. Drawing pins? Is that pins I can draw with? Or what is it? We got to the store and I saw what drawing pins were. All this time I have just called them 'pins', but as my co-worker pointed out: there are many different kind of 'pins' . Drawing pins, (obviously) and safety pins are the once that comes to mind right now, I know there are more. Anyway, I smiled a bit about the name 'drawing pins' and was planning to tell Hameed about this silly name.

Today Hameed and I went food shopping and when Hameed was looking at some computer magazines I just looked around and what do I see? More drawing pins. I smiled again and then I remember what these are called in Norwegian;" teignestikker" which literally translated means...'drawing pins'. Maybe is not such a silly name after all...

1 comment:

-annette wilhelmine- said...

eller kanskje de hette 'tegnestifter'