October 28, 2007

saving of daylight

daylight savings started last night, so now we have changed the clock one hour forward.

Here in Australia not everyone do the daylight saving. From what I understood from TV this morning, two of the Australian states do not currently do daylight saving. A few years ago I went to visit a friend of my sister in Perth. At that time Perth did not have daylight saving and she told me she had heard a debate on the radio about this topic. One woman calling in claimed that if they started to have daylight saving in Perth too, her curtains would fade in color quicker... another woman had an argument that is not suited to print on this blog... (hi mum). My sisters friend shock her head in amazement and said to me: "are they really that stupid, they are not getting any more or less sun.."

I have no idea. Maybe daylight saving do in fact have an impact on the color of the curtains. I have always lived in places were there have been daylight saving and except from 'losing' an hour of sleep I really don't mind it. I do really like the fact that we now have an hour more of daylight every night. Can you please remind my of that when I am tempted to hit the snooze button on my alarm tomorrow morning?

No comments: