October 11, 2007

love thursday

My mum is very good at crafts. She is an expert in knitting, but she can also handle sewing, crocheting and do needle points. Basically she is very talented.

Growing up I think I pretty much took her talents for granted. I did not think much about the fact that me and my siblings seems to be some of the few that were wearing clothes our mum made. We had endless supply of warm sweaters, jackets and socks to mention some.

Some of the things my mum made, I brought with me to Australia. Among them is a nice blue jacket, which I wear a lot (Australia is much colder then I expected). When I wear the jacket (or something else my mum has made) I get comments from people about how beautiful my jacket is, and when I tell them that my mum actually made it I always hear 'oh wow, she is so talented'. And yeah she is. It took me a while to realize that many people do not have a mum that can knit you new socks when your feet are cold. I am very lucky indeed.

Today is on honor of you mum. Happy love thursday!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Thinking of you!