September 4, 2007

overwelmed

Hameed mention on his blog that his work place has been very good to us lately. My work place has been very good to us too. My co-workers tracked us down on the hospital and sent us a big bouquet of flowers when Sami was born. Later, after Sami passed away, they have been checking on us regularly and offering help and shoulders to cry on. It is nice to have so caring people around you, especially since our families are so far away.

Today I went into work for a visit. And I learnt that not only my co-worker cares about us, all the parents cares too. There has been a large group of parents contributing money and asking staff to buy us something on their behalf. They just did not know what else to do. Some of the parents also wrote us cards.

My co-worker decided to give us the money instead of buying us something. As they said, flowers will die very soon and they wanted us to use the money for something more memorable. After talking to Hameed about it, we decided to save the money for now and later use them to buy something special for Sami's little brother or sister.

I'm still overwhelmed though about how much people care about us, but I think I really like it.

No comments: