November 29, 2007

love thursday

This week, 2 years ago, was one of the most exciting weeks in my life. It started with me getting permanent resident here in Australia. A couple of days later I was offered a full time, permanent job at a child care center in Melbourne, a job I still have and still love.

But the best part of that week 2 years ago was what happen the 2nd of December. That is the day I became Mrs Hameed. As much as I wish my family and Hameed's family could have come to our wedding, I really still loved the way our wedding turned out. We had a small ceremony in the town hall in Bendigo with only a few friends present. After the ceremony our friends came with us back to our flat for a small meal and then Hameed and I went out to a lovely dinner. I really enjoyed having a small wedding and don't think I would have had so much fun if we had 100 or so guests, which is normal for both my extended family in Norway and Hameeds family in Maldives.

There is only a few days left until we have been married for 2 years. Those 2 years feels very long in some ways, but in other ways it has gone by so quickly. I do know though that I married the right guy and I really enjoy being married.

We have decided to follow the traditional wedding symbols and buy each other gifts according to that ( really I decided this and Hameed don't seem to dare to disagree..). This year the gift has to be something cotton. I still have not come up with anything more exciting then socks... suggestions are most welcomed.

I will leave you with a picture of our wedding party.

Happy love thursday.


No comments: