March 1, 2008

street party

last Sunday was (finally) the day of the Sydney road street party. It was a bit cold this year, so there was less people then I remember from last time (which probably was not a bad thing). There was still lots to see and much different music to listen to.

A guy making 'art' out of old lighters.


Some street performances. I think they were meant to be some kind of jugglers. I took the photo just for the outfit..

A giant Scottish man, who also had a giant 'dog' with him. The 'dog' would randomly lay down and 'pee' on people around.


A rock band that was not on the official program. They seem to just have set up their stuff outside their store and of course they were the best band of the whole street.

There was several stalls with food, which all smelled so nice - picking what to eat for lunch was not easy. Hameed enjoyed looking at all the stalls with second hand books, cd's and comics. I liked the clothes and the art stuff. And of course I could not resist dancing a little in the street to the music (which is when Hameed pretend he don't know me..)

Here is a little 'taste' of the music at the street party. There was a group rapping and I shoot this little video because they said a girl was going to rap, she was not very good - but hey it was a girl!



Next year my sister, Solgunn, totally have to come and visit at end of February. I know she would have loved the street party.

1 comment:

Phillipen said...

totally! Ü