March 23, 2008

yours is the glory

Happy easter!

My sister Annette's 1 grade teacher gave her class the assignment of learning all the words to 'yours is the glory' (well in Norwegian). I am not sure if it was because my sister and parents sang that song a lot so she could learn it or because it is usually played during easter, but it has become one of my favorite songs.

I remember my very first easter here in Australia. I went to church on easter morning and I was feeling a bit homesick. Nothing felt quit right. At the end of the sermon we were told to stand up and sing 'yours is the glory', I did not think much about it, but then the music started to play and I recognized the song. All of the sudden it felt right again. I could stand there and sing 'yours be the glory' as loud as I could knowing my parents and siblings would do the same just hours later. It was real easter anyway.


Another part of my families easter celebration is hiding sweets. Introducing that part of Easter celebration to my husband has not been very difficult. There is chocolate involved and Hameed would never say no to chocolate. This year he was in charge of buying in the chocolate for the easter and did a pretty good job hiding it for me. My mum would be proud.

I got 7 of these cadbury eggs. Hameed thought the egg cartoon in the fridge was such a clever hiding spot that he hide 4 of them there.

I did a bit better job though (maybe because I have more practice) and I had to give him some hints so he could find his last egg.


Happy man after finding his last egg.

1 comment:

soven said...

Hei og god påske!
Her har dei ikkje funne kyllingen ennå,trur ikkje dei finner den heller.
fekk er fantastisk god å gjømma he he.Får sjå om dei finne den til neste år.