March 31, 2008

torturing advice

yes I know it sounds cruel. I just discovered though (very painfully too) that chili must be a perfect device to get people to spill all their secrets.

I used about 1/3 of a chili in last nights dinner, granted it was extra hot chili, but I was not prepared for how bad it hurt after. See there is a reason for why Hameed should do all the cooking. Anyway, I washed my hands. Washed them again and again. It did not help. Of course I forgot all about it and touched my face and my eyes.....Ouch did that ever hurt.


Evil chili

This morning I washed my hands several times again AND took a shower. You should think the chili was gone or at least pretty much gone... Do you know what hurts more then accidentally touching your eyes? Touching them on purpose while trying to stick your contacts in.

Ouch! ouch! ouch! For a while there I thought I was going blind. 5 containers of eye drops later, my eyes feels somewhat oki. I might possible keep my eyesight anyway.

So I did some research and it seems like it is recommended to wear some of these when you cut chili:


protective gloves

Unless you have one of these to handle the cutting:


husband

I promise I will remember that for next time there is any chili involved here in this house. After all I sort of like my eyes.

Some more research (thanx Mr Google) and I found some tips on what could help me right now. I'm of to try one of them (or possible all).



lemon juice


olive oil


pots of stainless steal

I keep you posted. Any bets on whether or not we have chili for dinner tonight?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Too funny, Dina. I did the same thing once with a Serrano pepper. I wound up rubbing my nose...which led to the pain and crying and a bad nose bleed as well. A bad situation. I actually found soaking my nose in milk saturated paper towel was the only thing that made it stop!

Peppers should come with warning labels!

Anonymous said...

OUCH! They look so unprepossessing too, the devils.

Irishembi said...

Just a word of warning. That chili pepper is the gift that keeps on giving. In other words be prepared to "feel the burn" when you send that chili down the toilet.