May 27, 2008

tuesday thirteen

I have seen several blogs having thursday thirteen. I figured I change it a bit and do a Tuesday one instead. Here is my list for today.

Thirteen things I miss from Norway

1. my mums freshly baked bread.
Nothing is like coming home and be able to eat warm bread with heaps of nutella.
2. chocolate. Norwegian chocolate just taster better.
3. the first day of spring. We have spring here too but it not quit the same. I really miss the feeling of that first day when you realize it is warm enough to not have to wear your big coat.
4. 17 of May celebration. I'm proud of that the national day celebration in Norway is mainly focused on kids. It is always lots of fun too.
5. small candy. I really really miss being able to go to the store and buy a BIG bag of small candy.
6. Hot dogs. Norwegian hot dogs are better.
7. being able to go into a grocery store and buy a bag of sweet buns and chocolate milk for breakfast or lunch. This was one of my staples when I was a student.
8. dialects. I love that if I talk my dialect properly people who live in other parts of Norway have trouble understanding me. My dialect have lots of special words.
9. be able to go home to my parents house when ever I feel like it. Even when I lived in Oslo they were still only abut 30 min plane ride away. It was always nice to land on our local airport,Sola, and feel 'home'
10. dolly pizza. THE best pizza in the whole world.
11. annoying my sisters. Don't think that one need any more explanation
12. blueberries. There is blueberries growing in the forest in Norway( well at least there were)Pancakes and fresh blueberries is just sooo good.
13. christmas. It has been 5 years since I had a 'proper' Christmas at home. I miss the food and all our quirky traditions.

No comments: