May 30, 2008

its a giraffe*

*apparently there should be an ' e' at the end of giraffe

"my" kids are for some reason become totally into giraffes and since our program is supposed to follow the kids interest I thought I give them a giraffe to look at.

In one of my more creative modes I decided that the tall window was perfect for a giraffe. I am not however creative enough to draw a giraff, not even a funny cartoonish one, so I tricked Hameed into drawing it for me.

He drew the giraffe on a big piece of butcher paper so all I had to do was to sticky tape the paper to the window on the outside and then paint the outline. I started the painting yesterday and finish up with the yellow parts today. The kids though it was cool and all day they have been telling us: 'its a giraffe'. And that is were we as staff have fun and say something like; oh I thought it was a cow - yes we are mean.

The giraffe turned out very good. She is still in need of a name though, any suggestions?

1 comment:

Phillipen said...

i think it's name is stella Ü