March 29, 2006

yes, officer

yesterday when I was riding my bike home from work I was asked to pull over by a policeman on a motorbike.

policeman:
how old are you?
me: 31 (thinking or am I 32..no im 31!)
policeman: do you understand english?
me: yes
Policeman: do you know that you ran a red light just now?
me: no....there was a light?
policeman: yes, you need to stop. That will be a fine of 210$
me: oki....
policeman: I'll leave you with a warning for now.

And then he left. I was a bit shaky after that and could not understand how I manage to run a red light. I checked it today and it turns out it was a pedristant crossing. I just kept going because there was no one crossing the road, but I guess Im meant to stop when its red even though there is no one crossing..

Well, lesson learnt, Im defently not risking 210$...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sneaky lights get me every time. Great that you got off with a warning though!

-Dustin

dynamitt said...

hehe yeah. I guess he saw that I was scared and took him seriouse :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I would have been shaking in my boots. That's a lot of money. I had a friend who was on her way to a surgery (she's a doctor) and ran across the street when the light didn't change. It was 4 am and the only people around were her and the policeman who ticketed her $35 for jaywalking.