January 28, 2009

3 weeks

that is all there is left. 3 weeks or 21 days. In one way it still sound far away, but most times I think about it I get a bit shocked. 3 weeks is nothing, it is going to happen before I know it... And then I think about that 3 weeks will make me 39 weeks 5 day and Sami decided he wanted to try this coming out thing at 39 weeks 1 day... So no idea what Sarah decide to do. It is oki if she stays to the 18. I'm still very much comfortable and sleep all night so no beached whale feeling here yet.

We had a pre-surgery meeting yesterday. Which of course made it all more real. I have only one more check up left before the big day. I am pretty much ready - meaning the room is set up, her clothes are washed and the car seat is picked up. I have yet to pack a hospital bag though so if I just went into labor right now I would run around scrambling a bit to get it all together. Maybe I should just get it packed? The problem is that I have no idea what to pack..

At the moment we have 40 degrees so if I pack for that kind of weather I don't really need any clothes. Do you think the hospital will be oki with me hanging around in my underwear? But then with Melbourne weather you never know so it might drop down to 18 all of the sudden which will require pants, socks and jacket..

Hameed suggested to just pack for summer weather and if I needed jacket going home he would bring one. Sound sensible right? Only problem is I only have a couple of shorts that fit me, so if I pack them I have nothing..

Maybe I just continue to watch crappy tv and hope that Sarah will stay put until the 18 when I'm ready.

4 comments:

Phillipen said...

Or you could go shopping!! :D

dynamitt said...

shopping do not sounds very tempting in this weather. We are having 43 today..

Irishembi said...

Honestly? I wore the hospital gown the first night, and just packed a pair of pajamas for the next night. I had my hubby bring me clothes to wear home, so you can have Hameed bring temperature appropriate clothing. I think I packed more stuff for the baby than me.

Luckily their clothes are small.:-)

dynamitt said...

public health care here. You need to provide your own clothes, pads, nappies etc.. but then again we don't pay anything for our health care other then what is taken in tax.