August 21, 2006

its done..

my husband mention on his blog that he had to write a list of 100 things he wants to do for his class. I have for a while had my own list on 43 things, but have been pretty slack on updating and actually try to do some of the things in a long long time.

Anyhow, 1 of the things on my list has been to change bank. And today that was completed - yay! I can't remember why I chose the bank I did when I first came to Australia but I has always annoyed me that the bank did not have the option of Visa debit card. For a while it was oki because I still had my visa debit card from my bank in Norway and as long as there was money in the account I could use it when needed. But for the past year there has been very little money in my account in Norway so the need for a visa debit card linked to my account here in Australia became something I really wanted to have. An other thing I really missed was a savings account where I could just put away 10 dollars, 50 , 100 or whatever I had to spare whenever. The savings account we had was oki when we open it, but did not really work well when we no longer had stipends to save. The minimum deposit for our old savings account where 500 $ each time - so it was very very rare we manage to put anything away in savings and those money we had to spare was mostly used to buy lollies..

But from today of we have a visa debit account and a proper savings account. Feels good to have it done finally. Now we just need to figure out the insurance language, so we can get insurance too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could send you a lolly...